Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Rome, by all means, Rome.

My last post from Siena! I will be spending 2 more nights here before heading to Rome for 3 days. Then back to beautiful, glorious America. I can't post any pictures at the moment, which is a shame because we saw so many rad books in Verona I just want to geek out on them with you. Soon enough, my fair Billy Joel lovers.

We had our final review yesterday and I can proudly say I have completed 10 books in total. Now must find a way to successfully re-pack everything. Tricky. Very tricky.

So. Rome. Kelsey convinced me (some how) to read Angels & Demons, which, though irritating in its "factual" content disclaimers, has gotten me even more exited to visit ye eternal city. This in addition the many years of watching Gregory Peck mime getting his hand bitten off in the Mouth of Truth (Bocca della Verita) for Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday, I must say I am tickled with excitement. Let us hope I make it through without ancient satanic threats of blowing up the city with stolen antimatter! Save the Vatican, save the world! Bernini was an Illuminati! The Camerlengo is the Pope's son!

Finally, can I just say, though I have thoroughly enjoyed myself on this trip, that I am sick of Tuscany and love love love America.

You have my permission to withdraw, sem.

No comments:

Post a Comment