Saturday, November 28, 2009

My soft spot for lesbian comics.

I stumbled upon this little gem on my most recent visit to Powell's. DAR: A Super Girly Top Secret Comic Diary by Erika Moen. As I discovered through reading, she's a working comic living in Portland and just, rad and funny as shit.

She has entire strips about being poor and making toast.

And then others devoted to living happily ever after with her boobs.

She's pretty fabulous. Check out her website www.darcomic.com


Here's another lesbian comic with whom I've been obsessed for the past two years:

Alison Bechdel.

I read her graphic novel Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic my freshman year and fell in love. Eventually made my backwards way to her full-time comic Dykes to Watch Out For.




They're both snarky and tender and well, that's exactly what I'm looking for.

-sem

No comments:

Post a Comment